Read Guardians of the Tall Stones by Moyra Caldecott Free Online
Book Title: Guardians of the Tall Stones|
The author of the book: Moyra Caldecott
Edition: Celestial Arts
Date of issue: March 1st 1987
Loaded: 2011 times
Reader ratings: 6.1
ISBN 13: 9780890874639
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 6.50 MB
City - Country: No data
Read full description of the books:
Fourteen-year-old Kyra has always felt different, but lately even her brother Karne has noticed her acting strangely--especially when she's near the ceremonial sacred stones that help guide and protect her village. When the villainous priest, Wardyke, overthrows the beloved elder, Maal, and threatens them all, Kyra must accept that her emerging psychic powers are her people's only hope. With guidance from Maal, and help from Karne and her best friend, Fern, Kyra enters the forbidden circle of stones to call upon unseen, mystical powers to banish Wardyke once and for all!
Moyra Caldecott's The Sacred Stones series, set in Bronze Age Britain, introduces readers to a time when magic existed in the workings of everyday life and the threat of evil loomed in the shadows.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Download Guardians of the Tall Stones ERUB
Download Guardians of the Tall Stones DOC
Download Guardians of the Tall Stones TXT
Read information about the authorStarted academic career by obtaining degrees in English Literature and Philosophy.
* Briefly lectured in English Literature at university level.
* Raised three children and had a most interesting and stimulating life as the wife of Oliver Caldecott in London from 1951 to 1989. (Oliver was an editor at Penguin, Readers Union, and Hutchinson and founded his own publishing firm Wildwood House with his partner Dieter Pevsner. His last editorial post was at Rider, for Century Hutchinson. He was also a very good artist.)
* Took evening classes in palaeontology (geology always a favourite subject), religious studies and mythology.
* Was secretary of the Dulwich Group in the ’sixties, a most successful poetry reading group. Read a lot. Wrote books. Met many interesting people and had many interesting discussions. Travelled a lot.
* Her life has also been enriched by the interests of her children: Religion – Conservation – Art.
* She has had various experiences she considers to be ‘paranormal’, including a dramatic healing from angina. She gives talks to various personal growth and consciousness raising groups, and groups interested in the ancient sacred sites of Britain.
* Her most successful book so far, Guardians Of The Tall Stones, is set in ancient Bronze Age Britain, and is required reading for some groups visiting the sacred sites of Britain from America. It has been in print continuously since 1977.
* Myths and legends are a particular passion and she follows Jung and Joseph Campbell in believing that they are not ‘just’ stories but actually deep and meaningful expressions of the universal and eternal in the human psyche.
Reviews of the Guardians of the Tall Stones
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Guardians of the Tall Stones by Moyra Caldecott Online free