Read Temple of the Sun by Moyra Caldecott Free Online
Book Title: Temple of the Sun|
The author of the book: Moyra Caldecott
Edition: Tricycle Press
Date of issue: May 12th 2009
Loaded: 1585 times
Reader ratings: 3.5
ISBN 13: 9781582462769
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 465 KB
City - Country: No data
Read full description of the books:
Along with her brother Karne and her best friend, Fern, Kyra undertakes the hazardous journey to the Temple of the Sun, where she will receive her training as a priestess. Once there, she is reunited with the handsome young priest, Lord Guiron, and quickly renews her love for him. But a malevolent spirit lingers in the air. Wardyke has returned, and his influence has already permeated the sanctity of the Temple. Once again, Kyra must face the evil magician-priest, whose thirst for revenge and power threatens the balance between good and evil. When buried secrets of the past mysteriously surface, it becomes clear that the fight against evil entangles the destiny of everyone Kyra loves.
This second novel in The Sacred Stones series sheds new light on the ancient world of Bronze Age Britain and the rituals and powers surrounding the circle of sacred stones.
Download Temple of the Sun ERUB
Download Temple of the Sun DOC
Download Temple of the Sun TXT
Read information about the authorStarted academic career by obtaining degrees in English Literature and Philosophy.
* Briefly lectured in English Literature at university level.
* Raised three children and had a most interesting and stimulating life as the wife of Oliver Caldecott in London from 1951 to 1989. (Oliver was an editor at Penguin, Readers Union, and Hutchinson and founded his own publishing firm Wildwood House with his partner Dieter Pevsner. His last editorial post was at Rider, for Century Hutchinson. He was also a very good artist.)
* Took evening classes in palaeontology (geology always a favourite subject), religious studies and mythology.
* Was secretary of the Dulwich Group in the ’sixties, a most successful poetry reading group. Read a lot. Wrote books. Met many interesting people and had many interesting discussions. Travelled a lot.
* Her life has also been enriched by the interests of her children: Religion – Conservation – Art.
* She has had various experiences she considers to be ‘paranormal’, including a dramatic healing from angina. She gives talks to various personal growth and consciousness raising groups, and groups interested in the ancient sacred sites of Britain.
* Her most successful book so far, Guardians Of The Tall Stones, is set in ancient Bronze Age Britain, and is required reading for some groups visiting the sacred sites of Britain from America. It has been in print continuously since 1977.
* Myths and legends are a particular passion and she follows Jung and Joseph Campbell in believing that they are not ‘just’ stories but actually deep and meaningful expressions of the universal and eternal in the human psyche.
Reviews of the Temple of the Sun
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Temple of the Sun by Moyra Caldecott Online free