Read Future Grace by John Piper Free Online
Book Title: Future Grace|
The author of the book: John Piper
Edition: Multnomah Books
Date of issue: January 5th 2005
Loaded: 1561 times
Reader ratings: 6.9
ISBN 13: 9781590521915
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 32.16 MB
City - Country: No data
Read full description of the books:
Probably the most readable (not to mention spiritually satisfying!) of Piper's books that I've read so far. The book is divided into 31 chapters, most of them focusing on Piper's thesis--that the way of sanctification is by having faith in God's future grace--but also many chapters on how to apply that faith to battle various sins.
Lessons I learned:
1) Why do we follow and obey Christ? Our primary motive is not gratitude for what Christ did on the cross (although we are thankful nonetheless), but faith in God's future grace.
2) The faith that sanctifies is the same faith that justifies. We are called to obedience, not by our own works, but by faith.
3) Love towards others is a fruit of faith, i.e. "faith working through love" (Gal 5:6). True love for others can only come from a heart of faith.
4) The root of sin is unbelief, and therefore the battle against sin is a battle for faith, a battle to trust in the Lord and be satisfied in Him.
5) Lastly, though it was not a major theme of the book, I learned about the glorious hope of the resurrection in the last few chapters: not just a resurrection of our spirits, but of our bodies. God did not create our bodies just to get rid of them: he created them for His glory! What great future grace we have to look forward to!
I'm sure there are many other lessons as well. This book is so rich, so deep, and speaks straight from the Scriptures. If you cannot tell already, I highly recommend it.
Download Future Grace ERUB
Download Future Grace DOC
Download Future Grace TXT
Read information about the authorJohn Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod.org and chancellor of Bethlehem College & Seminary. For 33 years, he served as senior pastor at Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
He grew up in Greenville, South Carolina, and studied at Wheaton College, Fuller Theological Seminary (B.D.), and the University of Munich (D.theol.). For six years, he taught Biblical Studies at Bethel College in St. Paul, Minnesota, and in 1980 accepted the call to serve as pastor at Bethlehem.
John is the author of more than 50 books and more than 30 years of his preaching and teaching is available free at desiringGod.org. John and his wife, Noel, have four sons, one daughter, and twelve grandchildren.
Librarian Note: There is more than one author in the GoodReads database with this name. See this thread for more information.
Reviews of the Future Grace
Add a comment
Download EBOOK Future Grace by John Piper Online free